2001 / 95 / EC general product safety directive
It is a long-term guiding regulation for formulating technical regulations and standards. It defines the safety requirements of all products except those under the jurisdiction of special law, sets the procedures for formulating EU standards and the principles for handling unqualified products, and requires Member States to establish special market supervision departments.
In addition, detailed product quality and safety technical regulations have been formulated for specific products such as electrical appliances, chemicals, food, cosmetics, toys, pharmaceutical products, etc.
Directive 2001 / 95 / EC
On July 22, 2006, the European Commission published a list of standards related to Directive 2001 / 95 / EC (general product safety directive), replacing all previously published lists of official standards. Relevant standards are formulated by the European Organization for standardization according to the instructions of the European Commission, covering sports equipment, children's wear, milk nozzle, lighter, bicycle, furniture (including folding bed) and other products. According to the general product safety directive, it is the responsibility of the manufacturer to ensure that all products sold on the market are safe. This applies to all products sold on the market or otherwise supplied to consumers.
The relevant authority or court (in case of dispute) shall determine whether the product is safe according to the following factors: characteristics of the product, including composition, packaging, assembly, installation and maintenance instructions;
• appearance, including labels, any warnings or instructions regarding use and disposal, and any other instructions or information (such as manufacturer's information);
• the category of consumers (children or the elderly) the product may pose a risk to.
Manufacturers must take responsibility for ensuring that products supplied and sold in the market are safe and reliable, such as providing information and warnings. In addition, if the product is likely to cause danger, the producer must take appropriate action, such as withdrawing the product from the market, giving sufficient or effective warning to the consumer, or withdrawing the product from the consumer.
The standards published on July 22, 2006 cover the following products:
• outdoor furniture - tables and chairs for camping, home use and rental - Part 1: General safety requirements;
• fitness equipment - General safety regulations and test methods;
• fixed training equipment - Part 1: General safety regulations and test methods;
• furniture - folding beds - safety regulations and testing - Part 1: safety regulations;
• furniture - folding beds - safety regulations and testing - Part 2: Test methods;
• furniture - Cribs and cradles for domestic use - Part 1: Safety requirements;
• furniture - Cribs and cradles for domestic use - Part 2: Test methods;
• child care products - infant and infant Nipples - Part 1:
• childcare products - nipples for infants and young children - Part 2:
• childcare products - nipples for infants and young children - Part 3:
• child care products - Portable cribs and stands - safety regulations and test methods;
• lighters - Safety specifications (ISO 9994:2005)
Children's care products - milk nozzle hanging belt - safety regulations and test method Ma;
• child care products - prams - safety regulations and test methods - Part 1: back prams;
• roller skating equipment - roller skates - safety regulations and test methods;
• decorative oil lamps - safety regulations and test methods;
• special care products for children - bicycles and child seats - safety regulations and test methods;
• child specific care products - Drinking equipment - Part 1: general and mechanical provisions and testing;
• children's clothing Safety - children's clothing ropes and straps - Specifications;
• city and touring bicycles - safety regulations and test methods;
• mountaineering bicycles - safety regulations and test methods;
• racing bicycles - safety regulations and test methods;
• bicycle - bicycle accessories - luggage rack.