The Institute of Standards & Industrial Research of Iran, is the sole organization in the country that can lawfully develop and designate official standards for products. It is also the responsible body for conducting them through the endorsement of the Council of Compulsory Standards.
(Determining and formulating national standards, conducting applied research to uplift standards level, Upgrading the quality of domestic products , assisting better production process as well as efficient industry and productivity, all of which aimed for economical independence. To expand national standards, monitor the implementation of compulsory standards, and the quality controlling of exports to suspend low-quality products. All of which with the intention of creating competition with international markets. To monitor the quality of imports with special focus on bearing compulsory standards , to protect and support domestic suppliers. Enlightening the producers, consumers and distributors . To do relevant research specially in regards to production methods, conservation, packaging and transportation . To spread Metric Systems, and calibration of measures and gauges. To test and comply samples with the related standards, characterize, and issue the requisite certificates.)
Being a member of the international standards organization, ISIRI follows the latest international scientific protocols as well as taking the country's special needs into accounts.
Implementation of the approved national standards will be of beneficiary value for people and the economy, leading to substantial increase in exports and the domestic sales. It can also save up expenses and time, reducing the prices, and bringing safer products into people's life.
- Conducting functional studies and research for setting, revising and implementing national standards.
- Developing and designating the national standards.
- Circulating the national standards through cultural activities and communicational enhancers.
- Issuing, extension, suspension and nullification of ISIRI application license. (To audit system qualities, accrediting quality control representatives, random sampling and periodic testing of samples).
- To monitor the implementation of compulsory standards (testing products to standards, dealing officially with complaints and other legal & judicial pursuits)
- Issue conformity certificates for the exports & imports.
- Accrediting& validation:
* Surveillance Companies & Institutes
* Laboratories for products adaptation and characterization.
* The Standards Experts
* Quality Systems Consultants
* Quality Systems Certifiers,
- To monitor the standard implementation as well as marking precious metal s.
- Periodic and random testing of measures, gauges, and other modes of scaling.
- To conduct studies and proposals for implementing national standards, either in an obligatory mode or voluntarily.
- To characterize the imported/domestic products with specific focus on public health and safety concerns and publicly announce the results.
- To dispose objections relevant to all activities above.